Dslr

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adamsh

Registered
Reaction score
sorry if I sound like a complete idiot but.... Does a DSLR require film or does it use memory cards like a normal digital camera? :06:

I probally should search the forums for this answers but whats the difference between a DSLR and a normal digital (apart from the price) :).

Cheers
Adam

Memory cards like a normal camera.

In the space where the film would be in a regular SLR there's a CCD instead.

dSLR uses memory card like any other digital camera. The main difference between dSLR and regular point and shoot is that you can change lenses on dSLR. When compare to PnS, you will get better sensor, better lenses, auto focus system, more gadgets, better macro/wide angle/telephoto ability and it is a lot bigger.

adamsh:
sorry if I sound like a complete idiot but.... Does a DSLR require film or does it use memory cards like a normal digital camera? :06:

I probally should search the forums for this answers but whats the difference between a DSLR and a normal digital (apart from the price) :).

Cheers
Adam

A point-and-shoot digital camera uses a CMOS chip, shoots only compressed images, generally has built-in lenses, and for technical reasons regarding the technology used, usually has a great deal of "shutter lag" (time elapsed between hitting the shutter release button and the time that the picture actually snaps).

Dslr give you the ability to change lenses. They also (usually) use CCD chips, which are 100% deddicated to capturing the image. This gives better resolution to the image, at the expense of features like being able to preview the image on the LCD screen before shooting and shooting video. Because a dslr is a form of slr camera, when you view through the viewfinder, you are viewing through the same lens which will be used to take the picture. Your picture will be nearly identical to what you see through the viewfinder.

In general terms, a dslr is a higher-end camera, but what is really important is what you plan to get out of shooting. I use a dslr for shooting on the surface (no housing yet). My wife is perfectly content to shoot with our little Coolpix camera. At this point, the only housing we have is for this camera, so both of us shoot underwater with that camera. I am happy with it, but drooling over the dslr housings. Ultimately, you need to decide what fits with your style of shooting and how involved you want to get with your photograpny.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom