Moving to France

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

winker88

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hello my self and my family are moving to France next year, one of the jobs that I want to do is to run try dives around camp sites swimming pools I am a cmas 2** Instructor I have looked on many French sites and it states you need a BREVENT DE ETAT to make any money out of this is this true I also I have found a site which has a EQUIVALENCE DES BREVETS DE PLONGEE and a Cmas 2** Instructor is the same as Brevet 1st degre which is needed to teach scuba is this correct?? How I read the Equivalence chart I have the qualification to do this is this correct.

Kind Regards

Winker :wink:

You may want to ask this guy: LAP.

Laurens

winker88:
I have looked on many French sites and it states you need a BREVENT DE ETAT to make any money out of this is this true
Yes. To make any money by teaching any sport (of courses, there are specific brevets d'états for each sport)
winker88:
I also I have found a site which has a EQUIVALENCE DES BREVETS DE PLONGEE and a Cmas 2** Instructor is the same as Brevet 1st degre which is needed to teach scuba is this correct?? How I read the Equivalence chart I have the qualification to do this is this correct.
Yes. If you teach without being paid. A lot of associative clubs live with benevolent teachers who have another job, and teach evening/week-ends/holidays. It can be a way not paying your own dive, and you can get refund of expenses you did for teaching, but not a lot more.
Acronym for brevet d'état level 1 5the one equivalent to Cmas 2*) is BEES1; But there is another type of CMAS 2* which is MF1. This one does not allows to be paid, but you are allowed to do the same teaching.
Your rights under water are the same, but not your rights when you surface :(

Sorry not to have better news.

winker88:
Hello my self and my family are moving to France next year, one of the jobs that I want to do is to run try dives around camp sites swimming pools I am a cmas 2** Instructor I have looked on many French sites and it states you need a BREVENT DE ETAT to make any money out of this is this true I also I have found a site which has a EQUIVALENCE DES BREVETS DE PLONGEE and a Cmas 2** Instructor is the same as Brevet 1st degre which is needed to teach scuba is this correct?? How I read the Equivalence chart I have the qualification to do this is this correct.

Kind Regards

Winker :wink:
You're probably not going to like this but yes, as Bretagne mentioned, you need a BEES 1 or 2 to be compensated to teach scuba diving in any form. Signing up and studying for the exam take time, it's not something that you can do in 2 weeks. Too bad because clubs all over are hiring for the season starting in March through October, from the Atlantic/English Channel (called Manche in French) to the Mediterranean (coastal France and Corsica).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom