Knighthawk and deflator problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spratman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Howdy!

I have 15 dives on my Knighthawk now, and have noticed a problem. When I'm at depth, say 30ft and have a decent amount of air, the deflator button seems to work fine. However, when I get to about 15ft and try to dump, nothing comes out. Same with the shoulder dump valve. But if I do a 40 degree down plane, and pull the bottom rear dump valve, it will release the remainder of the air and I can get back down again.

Seems that the only time the deflator and right shoulder dump valve work is when I'm vertical in the water. Does this sound right?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Jack :crossbone

Jack,
You may want to get thoses checked out. i have never had that prblem with mine. it is still new just a few more dives than yours. the only thing i may have to do is roll around a little to get the air out.
Mark

It's always a good idea to have gear that doesn't seem right checked out but you might not be doing anything wrong. If you're positioned properly in the water - prone - it's often easier to tilt a little down and vent using the bottom dump than it is to tilt a little up to vent using a shoulder dump.

Air in the BC is always pooling at the highest point. You need to position your body so that point is where the dump valve you chose is located. It sounds to me like you may be too horizontal when working the shoulder dumps. You may need to get a little more head (and chosen shoulder) up to dump small amounts of remaining air if you want to use the shoulder dumps. Have your buddy watch from behind to confirm what is going on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom