Floridian going to Newfoundland!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reel Crazy14

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My plane leaves Jacksonville, FL on weds and we will be arriving that night. I'll be staying with my relatives on Bell Island and in St. John's. I just booked a day of diving with Ocean Quest Charters to the Bell Island shipwrecks. Of course, Florida isn't known for it's cold water so I'm taking a Dry suit intro course and renting one there. Water in the low 40s is insane cold! I was wanting to get some "inside" tips maybe on the best restaurants sights and everything else in Newfoundland. I think the day after the dive we are going to gros morne national park so we wont be staying in St. John's the whole time. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Reel Crazy14:
My plane leaves Jacksonville, FL on weds and we will be arriving that night. I'll be staying with my relatives on Bell Island and in St. John's. I just booked a day of diving with Ocean Quest Charters to the Bell Island shipwrecks. Of course, Florida isn't known for it's cold water so I'm taking a Dry suit intro course and renting one there. Water in the low 40s is insane cold! I was wanting to get some "inside" tips maybe on the best restaurants sights and everything else in Newfoundland. I think the day after the dive we are going to gros morne national park so we wont be staying in St. John's the whole time. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

On your way to or from Bell Island, you should check out a small diner that overlooks the dock for the ferry to Bell Island. They serve traditional NL food and and they serve it very well. I have friends from town who drive out there just to eat. For the life of me I can't remember the name of it but all the locals know it. Their toutans are amazing! If you're going to Gros Morne you should visit western brook pond. It's one of the most scenic places on the island. Another great experience while in St. John's would be whale watching out in Bay Bulls. Of course, you should also have the requisite night out on George St. Have fun.

yup and also see if you get get some Fish N Chips at The Captains Table in Witless Bay just south of Bay Bulls....

I just got in about 30 mins ago from diving the Bell Island Wrecks... it was outstanding... If your going out on a Sunday...you'll see me there... I am DM on Sundays... I'll give you the special Diver Joe Tour...

Diver Joe

We'll be going on Saturday to do the dives, hopefully I'll see you around. I'm actually staying right on bell island, my grandmother has a house there. I also have too many relatives to mention in St. John's, Mount Pearl area that I might be staying with. It's too funny, I showed my grandmother the ocean quest web site and apparently the owner is her cousin or something. It's a small world!

Reel Crazy14:
We'll be going on Saturday to do the dives, hopefully I'll see you around. I'm actually staying right on bell island, my grandmother has a house there. I also have too many relatives to mention in St. John's, Mount Pearl area that I might be staying with. It's too funny, I showed my grandmother the ocean quest web site and apparently the owner is her cousin or something. It's a small world!
okay, excellent... look forward to meeting you...

Joe

Back
Top Bottom