Battle Creek, MI Dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O-ring

Beyond the Pale
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know any dive operators and/or sites in this area? I am going to visit my dad (guess I have to wait until I get a drysuit, huh?) and want to hit a couple sites while I am there...I know they are like 20 miles from Lake Michigan...

Thanks!

--Eric

SAS dive shop would be the best nearest dive shop if you are looking for some dive buddies. The owners Rick and Kim Sas are nice people. Gull Lake is near by, I have dove there a couple of times.
Caymaniac:eek:ut:

Hi Eric

I just moved from Battle Creek Mi,, born and raised. I miss the lakes around the area. Don't seem to be having any luck here in Indiana. Some good sites that I would recommend would be Lee lake, Gull lake and Lake 16. Lake 16 is north of Kalamazoo but easy to get to from Battle Creek. If you want I will give you my dive buddy's email and you can get ahold of her. Lake 16 is where she will want to go but it is deep right from the get go. They have a bunch of boats, Cars, and underwater platforms. It is a very cool site and every thing on the bottom is roped off so you can not get lost. I think the max depth is around 85 or 90ft but well worth the dive. She lives in Kalamazoo and is not hard to talk into going diving. We just last weekend dove up at the Straits of Mackinac. I hope this helped.

Sub aquatic sports and service (616) 958-8551
www.sassdive.com is there website.

Jeff Great lakes diver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom