IMAX move: Ocean Men

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TorontoDive

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey, has anybody seen this movie - in IMAX? I was at the Ontario Science Centre last weekend and went to see Ocean Men. It was my first time seeing a movie in IMAX in about 15+ years and the IMAX theatre alone was amazing, but to see a freediving movie - WOW!! I have a new respect for Umberto, Pipin and freedivers all over the world.

If you haven't seen it yet, go now before it leaves!!

http://www.ontariosciencecentre.ca/imax/default.asp?filmdetail=OceanMen

I've seen it twice now. I was at the opening, when other members of the Freedive Toronto group I hang out with were there doing live demos in a tank outside for the waiting crowds. I also brought a newbie diving friend back to see the movie (plus I didn't mind seeing it again myself)

Hi there, torontoDive and Free Float. I've never heard of that movie, Ocean Men. Are there any women in it? When did it come out, and is it playing in theatres ? So, Free Float, you did a dive demo? That must've been fun, I would've liked to have seen that. SnorkelCorey

They touch on Pipen's girlfriend, who tragically passed away...
It's a great show but i haven't seen it for a long time. I think all scubadivers would enjoy it!

FreeFloat:
I've seen it twice now. I was at the opening, when other members of the Freedive Toronto group I hang out with were there doing live demos in a tank outside for the waiting crowds. I also brought a newbie diving friend back to see the movie (plus I didn't mind seeing it again myself)

Damn! That would've been great to see!

mrobinson:
It's a great show but i haven't seen it for a long time. I think all scubadivers would enjoy it!

I think everybody in the audience (packed house - only a few seats unoccupied) enjoyed it, and I highly doubt that more than 2 people were divers (those being myself and my GF ).

mrobinson:
They touch on Pipen's girlfriend, who tragically passed away...

I didn't even know that until I today when I read another thread on SB about the book "The Dive" written by Pipin himself. What a tragic chain of events coming together to form a calamity!

I saw the Imax living reef or some such thing. Great flick untill they started with the political garbage. Total turn off.

snorkelcorey:
Hi there, torontoDive and Free Float. I've never heard of that movie, Ocean Men. Are there any women in it? When did it come out, and is it playing in theatres ? So, Free Float, you did a dive demo? That must've been fun, I would've liked to have seen that. SnorkelCorey
Actually no, it wasn't me who was diving - I must've somehow missed the call for volunteers from the Freedive club. But that's okay, my statics wouldn't impress anyone anyway :D

Back
Top Bottom