Going To Phillipines: Advice Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arabianply

Registered
Reaction score
HI EVERYBODY

I'll be arriving Clark with three of my buddies on 27th for about a week. Its our first time in Phillipines and I've read up on internet and library about so many different good dive sites far between each other. So we are stuck whether we should stay in one place or see atleast 2 or 3 sites in same province to minimize travel distance and time.

So far we are thinking like this : (27th) stay in Subic Bay for one wreck dive, (28th to 1st) go sites between Nasugbu, Anilao, Puerto Galera, Isla Verde and stay in one of these places, (2nd) we head back to Manila for the flight back 3rd morning.

If the weather is bad in Luzon, should be go straight down to Cebu area ? Also we hope dive shops have wetsuits too. Our goal is to see good corals/life as well as rays and sharks or possibly whale shark.

Any advice would be welcomed greatly.

Rgds
Tom

Hi Tom,

Too bad you don't have more time in the Philippines because there are alot of great diving spots in Cebu. I have been to Malapascua Island, near Cebu, Moalboal, and my boyfriend has been to Apo Island.

Malapascua is known for the early morning Thresher Shark dives at Monad Shoal, as well as spectacular soft/hard coral and macrolife at Gato Island, and a 1,000 passenger ferry wreck dive, to name a few. Oh, you can't forget the pygmy seahorses.

Moalboal on occaision sees whale sharks, but they're mostly known for Pescador Island, which is a drift dive with lots of fish/macro life.

Apo Island is similar to Malapascua, only that the fish populations are much better (protected from dynamite fishing).

Anyways, hope this helps.

Cheers,

Mel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom