halcyon eclipse question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
im using an ecliopse 30lb wing, guys the lower part of my halcyon rig, the external shell excessively rubs the ground when i use al80 tanks. i cannot adjust the tank bands as they are fixed on the sta. my top band is almost at the top of the cylinder and cant be moved upward anymore.

my problem is that there is excessive rubbing on the ground and the lower part of my rig is visibly wearing. my bladder with air is as tall or even taller than my tank. if i could raise my rig along the tank a bit higer then that would be great but im limited by my tank straps??? anyone have similar problems

confused

are you wearing the tank when the shell rubs the ground? doesn't sound like it,
as the shell would then be several feet off the ground

so...

what exactly is the problem?

H2Andy:
confused

are you wearing the tank when the shell rubs the ground? doesn't sound like it,
as the shell would then be several feet off the ground

so...

what exactly is the problem?

nope when they are resting on the ground. they are supposed to be lying flat i know but sometimes they remain upright when im setting my gear up.. thats where the problem lies.

MASS-Diver:
If there's no gas in the wing, it should just fold in back and not be pushed hard into the ground.

The real solution is not to have your rig on the ground - I use a heavy duty saw holder/bench when I can't use the tail gate of my pickup (w/out the clamps and tools )http://news.thomasnet.com/images/large/2003/04/20861.jpg

At the least throw down a towel :)

i have a bad habit of partially inflating my rig when its on the ground. bad habits are hard to break but you have a point. if there is no gas then it should not scrape the bottom.

living in the P.I. the boatmen usually carry our gear to land from the boats and leave them on the ground, sometimes standing sometimes lying down. il make sure to empty my bladder of air next time thanks!

lets say it continues to rub the ground, it wouldnt pose real problems to my rig since its the outer shell anyway and the bladder it protected from within right?

Your gear should always be 'laid' down...not standing up.

PonyBottle:

its always lying down except when i actually strap on the bc to tank and attach the regs. also from the boat i dismantle bc and regs from standing position.

PonyBottle:
Have the assembled gear standing vertically, bungied into place in a tank holder while running a boat out to a dive site is a pretty common practice on commercial boats. Sounds like keeping the wing deflated should take care of that potential problem too, though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom