Seaquest Pro QD versions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DocDAT

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, I just bought what I thought was a Seaquest Pro QD+ 2004 (labeled as such). But after seeing pictures on the web that supposedly was of it, I'm starting to worry that I got an older or inferior model. The logos don't say Pro QD+, just Pro QD and the SureLock pockets don't have the inner retaining strap for when you only use one weight in each pocket and preventing them from sliding back and forth.

Now, I sent a mail to Aqualung with the serial number of my BC. To my surprise they replied that my BC is a 2005 model, and it's now called the Pro QD again and not the QD+. I guess it would make no sense for them to misinform me, but I have to say I think it's a bit weird that a newer model looses the "+" designation and also the weight retaining strap. Does anyone know what is going on with the various versions of this BC and if what I've been told is correct? I want to know if it's the old Quickdraw model so I can return it, if it is.

Thanks!

Not really sure what your asking for, but I have the Pro QD+ got it 9/03. It is marked as Pro QD+ and has the sure-lock pockets and the weight pockets have the restraining straps. If there is something more specific that you care to know about let me know..

Same as rje634. Mine was purchased July 2004.

Sorry for being vague. What I wanted to know was if anyone happened to have the 2005 model, and if it was called QD+ or just QD. Also if it has the weight retaining straps.

I want to establish if my BCD is a 2005 model as I was told by aqualung, or if it's the really the older "pre" Pro QD+ model.

Thanks.

I think you have the newer model.

I got my ProQD+ back in 2004. I visited my LDS on a regular basis for my classes and saw the newer version of the ProQD. Yes, they don't have the "+" anymore. (I understood "+" was used as the differentiated name for versions with the SureLock system as the original ProQD comes with velcro for the weight pockets. Since SL is now a standard feature, SeaQuest might simply not need to emphasize on the added feature anymore after all these years.-That's what I thought.) In fact there are some minor differences on the materials they used for the pockets too. (I have attached the photo of the pocket portion of my ProQD+ which you might use to compare with yours.)

As for the retaining straps in the weight pockets, I am not sure about it as I didn't spend that much time looking at the new ProQD. I will check it out in my next visit to my LDS and will let you know.

You BC look exactly like the one I saw at my LDS.

It's a good BC. Enjoy!!!!

Awesome. That was a relief :)

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom