Lake Pleasant locations to dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dbramley

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone heading to Pleasant on Sunday? Myt cousin and I are going. Could someone give me some advice on a location to dive. I have been there several times when the water was low. We went through the gate down the road and went left to what I thought was dirty shirt. The bottom was mud and had no features. There was a significant drop off about 60 yards out. I haven't been there since the water was up and was looking for a place to dive with some trees, possibly some fish or whatever. If anyone is kind enough to offer up a nice place I would really appreciate it. I am terrible with directions so please be as specific as you can (or I'll be diving Ben Avery shooting range). Anyone have any idea on the viz?

Thanks so much for any help,

Dan

I haven't been there since the rain started. But based on past experience, the viz is probably less than 5 feet right now, especially on the weekend if there's a lot of boat traffic. Dirty shirt is a decent spot. Not sure if that's where you were based on your directions. Another site you can try is Desert Tortoise Rd. Just follow the little map they give you at the gate. Park at the water and follow the road in. Swim along the wall (either side) and when you turn the corner you can drop down. Get there early. Sunday is going to be crowded no matter what site you choose.

I second the end of Desert Tortoise Rd. After a weekend of diving there I found the wall on the right side of the road to be the best dive, we had 10' of viz a couple weekends ago. Watch for boat and jetski traffic, probably best to use a flag & float.

shark.byte.usa:
I second the end of Desert Tortoise Rd. After a weekend of diving there I found the wall on the right side of the road to be the best dive, we had 10' of viz a couple weekends ago. Watch for boat and jetski traffic, probably best to use a flag & float.

What was it about the right side that you liked. We've gone along both sides and have found more on the left. A lot of people hand out on land above that and lose stuff in the water. Still haven't found anything of value, though. We have seen a lot more fish swimming around in the weeds and rocks there. And the flag is a must. Desert Tortoise is used as a boat ramp.

Dive-aholic:
What was it about the right side that you liked. We've gone along both sides and have found more on the left. A lot of people hand out on land above that and lose stuff in the water. Still haven't found anything of value, though. We have seen a lot more fish swimming around in the weeds and rocks there. And the flag is a must. Desert Tortoise is used as a boat ramp.
I liked the wall on the right best personally, but we have found more junk on the left (including 6 bucks in 1's, mask and snorkel, two unopened bud lights and an umbrella. Depending on your SAC you could follow the right all the way around and basically end up where you started too (all depending on water level of course). Just a personal preference on the right side compared to the left.

Thanks for the reply. I've thought about swimming around the "island", but lately, when the water level has actually been high enough, we've only been able to get there on Fridays. The jetskiers are usually out in full force by then and the risk is a little too high. The last time we were there a jetskier jumped a wake and flew over another jetski, knocking the rider off and cutting a huge gash in his neck. This was all in the cove right there where it's supposed to be a no wake zone! We'll have to head up there midweek sometime.

Have you guys tried the dam. Access is not the most fun (steep hill). Visibility is usually decent, can get some depth and not as silty. The downside is it is close to the marina (lots of traffic).

Dive-aholic:
Thanks for the reply. I've thought about swimming around the "island", but lately, when the water level has actually been high enough, we've only been able to get there on Fridays. The jetskiers are usually out in full force by then and the risk is a little too high. The last time we were there a jetskier jumped a wake and flew over another jetski, knocking the rider off and cutting a huge gash in his neck. This was all in the cove right there where it's supposed to be a no wake zone! We'll have to head up there midweek sometime.

Not yet. I got a boat recently that needs a little work (the boat was free). I'm working on that and planning on diving the dam when once I get it in the water. It will be a little easier access then..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom