Caves in the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andibk

Contributor
Reaction score
List,

Could anyone tell me where the nicest cave diving is being done in the Philippines. I am considering taking a trip over later this year and would like to check out some of the caves.

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

I live and dive in the Philippines. While there is some cave diving here most of the "tek" diving is deep and wreck.

For more details contact Dave Ross at Tech Asia in Puerto Galera. Email Dave at info@techasia.ph. Their URL is www.techasia.ph. Dave, Sam Collett and Marc van der Poel are all excellent instructors and guides. They are one of the few Trimix shops in the Philippines.

When you contact them you can tell Dave that Drew gave you his name. If you have any problems contacting Dave let me know and I'll contact him for you.

He's normally pretty good about getting back to you. I'll be seeing Dave this weekend so I'll try to remember to mention you to him.

Gato Island off of Malapasqua was the only place I found when I was diving there. It's basicaly a swim through that goes from one side of the island to the other. nice dive but nothing tech about it...

drew and andib,
let us know about the caves if there are any. there's another guy based in manila, bobby manas who did some fresh water cave dives up at Montalban mountains.

scubatwinned:
Gato Island off of Malapasqua was the only place I found when I was diving there. It's basicaly a swim through that goes from one side of the island to the other. nice dive but nothing tech about it...

there's also marigondon cave in cebu.

Get in touch with Alex Santos. He is IANTD Philippines. I believe that that they are still working some spring systems down south. Mindanao area, just be careful if you go that far south in the PI.

let me know if you guys find out. been wanting to cave dive but most of the caves are just not accessible.

Axua:
drew and andib,
let us know about the caves if there are any. there's another guy based in manila, bobby manas who did some fresh water cave dives up at Montalban mountains.

will be iwth bobby in coron, were actually planning a trip to check out one of his caves. il post back when i have more details

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom