Franklin and Gert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CBulla

~..facebook conch..~
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Franklin to the East of FL.. Gert to the West of FL... Curious tourists allllllllllllllll around! How insane is this, its JULY and we've already got a G name.... and there is still month left to work with!!

CBulla:
Franklin to the East of FL.. Gert to the West of FL... Curious tourists allllllllllllllll around! How insane is this, its JULY and we've already got a G name.... and there is still month left to work with!!

wonder if Gert is going to go backwards.... i.e. do a loop... it's rare, but I think it's happened before... spooky. I know the names don't go to X,Y,Z but will it ever??!?

I've seen em loop! I can remember it on TV.. Hey, even Ivan came back from certain destruction over land last year, reformed over the water and went to TX!

Jeanne did a loop last year off the east coast. Also Ivan looped as a depression, recrossed central Fl and reformed as a TS last year before coming back into Florida again.

Colin - didnt i say we would have 7 named storms by the end of the month? Here.... they dont call me senior Lay-Z-Boy (armchair) meteorologist, or should that be senior beercan soothsayer, for nothing :wink:

GERT? GERT? Where did that one come from?

DennisS:
GERT? GERT? Where did that one come from?
Short for Gertrude. Some Noaa guys has a GF named Trudy who wanted a storm named after her, and we usually don't make it to the Ts.

dennis looped - remember it hit the same place twice? eastern nc...you could have gotten bottom time in mama's basement.

Back
Top Bottom