D200 on the horizon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dsafanda

Contributor
Reaction score
There's a thread on Wetpixel regarding the fact that Nikon recently trademarked "D200".

http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9134

Keep your fingers crossed that a successor to the prosumer D100 isn't just a fantasy and will be available sooner rather than later. Maybe those of us still shooting the 6MP D100 won't have to pony up to the expensive D2X in order to updgrade a bit.

dsafanda:
There's a thread on Wetpixel regarding the fact that Nikon recently trademarked "D200".

http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9134

Keep your fingers crossed that a successor to the prosumer D100 isn't just a fantasy and will be available sooner rather than later. Maybe those of us still shooting the 6MP D100 won't have to pony up to the expensive D2X in order to updgrade a bit.

Dammmm I sure hope not (J/K). I finally gave in and "upgraded" my trusty D100 for a D70s two weeks ago. I got my D100 when it first came out and have patiently waited for a megapixle upgrade ever since.

If its comes out I will be eBaying the D70 ASAP, bring it on! :D

Alex

Hmmm, better sensor would be nice but I think the area where D70/D100 could improve the most is the autofocus system.
8-10mp, better autofocus system and bigger viewfinder will make this a very nice system.
I could only wish that it would use D2 series body so I can have a relatively cheaper backup body :)

Mike Veitch:
My question is: Who is so bored they look up recent copyrights?

Somebody who obviously has more time than you or me :D
and very bored!

ReyeR:
You think that's bad? Olympus four-thirds fans over at dpreview have been waiting for the E-1 successor, the E-3, and eyeing the trademark (see attached image) since Sept 2003:

I hope you are not one of them ReyeR :D

ssra30:
Hmmm, better sensor would be nice but I think the area where D70/D100 could improve the most is the autofocus system.
8-10mp, better autofocus system and bigger viewfinder will make this a very nice system.
I could only wish that it would use D2 series body so I can have a relatively cheaper backup body :)

apparently at one of the photoshows next year there should be something to show.

i doubt it will be the same body as the D2X, D100 or D70 as that would require joined up thinking, anyway Nikon are working with the housing manufacturers everytime Nikon produce a new body, a new housing gets made, there has to be a back hander somewhere there!
icon_wink.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom