heart rate controll

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

draydan

New
Reaction score
hi all just have a queri what is the detail about consious heart rate control can it be done ,to what extent ,how and where can one learn the basics as i imagine it veries a bit from person to person any in fo would be appreciated

oh and as you have all guessed i am new to the sport of free diving i like trying everything that catches my fancy

It's fairly easy to slow heartrate down with relaxation and concentration (or lack there of)... it's also very easy to change your heartrate drastically by doing apnea.. max out (and I mean max out) on a breath hold and watch your heartrate change drastically from before, during, and after.

BioFeed Back. Get a monitor, and practice. You will find what thoughts, actions etc lead to lower rates, and then can use this without the monitor. Pretty quick results.

Tobin

cool_hardware52:
BioFeed Back. Get a monitor, and practice. You will find what thoughts, actions etc lead to lower rates, and then can use this without the monitor. Pretty quick results.

Tobin

Yes, I have used biofeedback effectively for years. You can get an inexpensive heart rate monitor to help and you can also get an inexpensive stethoscope and listen to your heart rate and breathing while lying in bed. Very efective in slowing the heart rate. Another exercise I do is to lie back with my ears submerged and listen to heart rate and breathing. This is really good preparation for pool training. Lots of good info on the internet about biofeedback.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom