A newbie !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amanda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi to all,

I'm very much interested in Tek diving, especially for being able to do wreck dives, the ones I looooove :eek:ut: !

I have 100 dives (the deepest one is 63 meters, the longest one 80' and the colder one 10° C) (-sorry, all of this is using French metric system), I have my rescue diver and CMAS 3 Stars.

Can I start Tek diving ? I know it's not to be taken lightly, so I need your advices :)

Thanks for all answers

begin by reading "Doing it Right; the Fundamentals of Better Diving" by Jarrod Jablonski.

He has a section in the book on how many dives are recommended for various levels of technical diving.

I believe you can start tech diving, there is a lot to learn, and JJ's book is a good place to start.

Welcome to the Tek board, from Texas, Amanda!

I have 100 dives (the deepest one is 63 meters

I would hope that you have had SOME tech training if you were down at over 200 feet. As for whether you are ready or not....I would suggest talking to somebody that knows you and your skills, and is either an instructor(tech) or an experienced tech diver.

Mike

That DIR book is good, I got mine last week.

Find a really good instructor. Make sure that the instructor dives tech often, not just teaches it. Useful if the instructor likes the same thing that you like (caves, deep, wrecks, etc)

Take it slow and use good gear!

BTW, I'm just getting into tech as well. I'm just recycling the same information that I recieved from some others

Have fun and dive safe!

Technical diver training and certification either makes a diver more safety conscious or more reckless.

Before you even think about diving, ask yourself first: during the time you went down to 63 meters, did your certification level at that time allowed you to do that?

There are rules and in technical diving, rules are not meant to be broken. If you trust yourself to adhere to standards set forth by your certification level, then by all means, get into technical diving.

Be safe. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom