Aqua Lung Malibu RDS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrianS

Contributor
Reaction score
Well I picked up a Aqua Lung Malibu RDS system today. I really liked the fit, and it being a back inflate and integrated weights just seemed to add to my decision on picking one up.

I couldn't dive with it first to try it, but it really felt comfortable on the surface trying it on compared to others.

Anyone have any expierence with this BC and have any thing good/bad to say about it?

Yep I have one.

First I had to flame with a lighter all the threads around the cumberband and velcro because they started to come loose.

I added a second tank band by enlarging the slot were the botton band went thru.

I added a carrying handle to replace the measly strap provided.

I poked a hole in the material at the bottom so water would drain out after soaking.

It traps air to one side easily since the bottom passage is tiny. Properly weighted I see no difference.

I sewed on 2 extra D-rings for pony and other items.

I don't see a danger of loosing a weight pouch since the weights are hard to pull out to begin with.

I love the trim pockets for extra weight in the winter.

I really like this BC just whish it had a bigger pocket. Take care of it and it will last. I sewed reinforcement threads since the velcro threading came loose.

Enjoy

It was a pretty good BC during the time I dove with one. Didn't like the pocket at all, but that was the only real criticism I have about it.

I stored the weight pockets removed from the BC, just to help with drying out. It didn't reinsert the pockets until they were completely dry, or I wa loading up to go dive. Don't store the BC with weights inserted, if that's what you're asking.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom