DUI Weight System Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sasquatch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello SB.

I'm diving a DUI harness system and my purpose for posting is to get some tips or observations on this system. Now I'm not shopping for another system, this one makes sense to me and I don't miss the classic weight belt one bit.

I've got about four dives on mine, three shore and one boat dive all without incident. It just seemed odd to me to pull the ripcord on my weights before handing them up to the boat. Re-lacing them wasn't a real issue either though I've heard other divers complain that that's why they don't dive them.

I couldn't find any other threads in here, if I missed some please let me know. In the meantime, anyone got a pithy observation or tip for using this? Pros or cons? Opinions welcome.

Good viz to ya!

I have been diving my DUI system for over a year. I have never pulled the ripcord to drop the weights. When I get back on board the boat I just leave it on. Of course the boats I dive off have fin ladders.

I have the DUI Weight and Trim II. I just leave it on, along with all my other gear. I hand up my fins, and climb on board. No problem.

I always leave mine on as well. The one time I had to climb up onto a dock with no ladder, I removed my bcd then the whole harness. I have never pulled the ripcord either, except when I first got it to test it out.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom