Apo Reef in Sept.?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

piet2do

Registered
Reaction score
Could'nt find anything in the old posts on lifeaboards to Apo Reef. September going from Puerto Galera seems to be a good time.

Can anyone chip in with tips on operators or any other comments?
Thanks

piet2do:
Could'nt find anything in the old posts on lifeaboards to Apo Reef. September going from Puerto Galera seems to be a good time.

Can anyone chip in with tips on operators or any other comments?
Thanks

im going to apo on oct with the tri-star. its the premiere livaboard in the country. if your interested i have the complete date listings for apo reef. pm me.

piet2do:
Spoon:
im going to apo on oct with the tri-star. QUOTE]

I am tending to book the boat from Octpopus-divers, however not decided yet:

www.octupusdivers.org/Menue/scubadiving.html

Still - anyone out there to rate the diving at Apo reef?
Thanks...

havent been there myself but its highly rated and one of the ebst dive sites in the Phillipines. second to tubattaha

...found the same info someplace as you did. Thanks a lot for your input.

However wanted to hear it here from the "horse mouth". We got a lot of good reports on Tuba.. but nil of this site.

Spoon:
im going to apo on oct with the tri-star. its the premiere livaboard in the country. if your interested i have the complete date listings for apo reef. pm me.
Hello My name is Kevin and I will be in Phillipines for a month in Oct...Oct. 6 on and would like to find out about live aboards to Apo. Any info about Phillipine site would be welcomed. Kind regards Kevin :D

415Gem:
Hello My name is Kevin and I will be in Phillipines for a month in Oct...Oct. 6 on and would like to find out about live aboards to Apo. Any info about Phillipine site would be welcomed. Kind regards Kevin :D

il be in apo reef oct 6 to 9. pm my your email addy il give you the schedule

I did this trip on Tristar a few years back - the diving was good but I wouldn't say it was fantastic. Every dive we did saw turtles (literally, all 10 or so), most dives also either saw mantas and/or blacktips. The coral could have been in better shape but it was still interesting diving. Fun trip if you have the time but from what i've heard it doesn't even compare to tubbataha.

...I also would prefer Tubba-reef, but my time is limited to September. No chance to go there...and I think Apo reef is an alternative. Thanks for your input.

Scuby Dooby:
I did this trip on Tristar a few years back - the diving was good but I wouldn't say it was fantastic. Every dive we did saw turtles (literally, all 10 or so), most dives also either saw mantas and/or blacktips. The coral could have been in better shape but it was still interesting diving. Fun trip if you have the time but from what i've heard it doesn't even compare to tubbataha.
I will be in Cebu in Mid October thru November. Any other areas,good diving nice land activities. I am thinking about Manado and would like to go to Similians Burma Banks also. Trying to go where it`s best...you know! Any info appreciated Kevin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom