Triple l "Maximus" bp/w

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

74fencer

Reaction score
Is this new? I found it on the scubal.com website under back inflate bcd. Looks pretty good for that price, anyone used this set up?

Crikey... it's sure as heck appropriately named. Maximus, for Maximum Lift.

That's a gigantic bladder. It looks bigger than my doubles wing.

Put a new wing on it... replace the silly harness... and you might have something. $259 is kind of a lot for a backplate and some D-rings.

pants!:
Crikey... it's sure as heck appropriately named. Maximus, for Maximum Lift.

That's a gigantic bladder. It looks bigger than my doubles wing.

Put a new wing on it... replace the silly harness... and you might have something. $259 is kind of a lot for a backplate and some D-rings.

It must be new, I just ordered a 7 mil wet suit from Triple-L and the BP wasn't on the website 2 weeks ago. I Bought 2 BC's from them last spring and I like them. I think that their products are a little better than their price indicates.

Well it seems that the description says you can get a standard harness made of just webbing, which is nice. $259 is still a lot for a backplate and harness though.. that wing looks next to worthless. I'd like to hear from someone that's used it.. but it looks like it's maybe 70 lbs!

The old web site had the lift capabilities of all of their BC's listed. I couldn't locate it on the new site though. I've got the Orion, but almost wish that this one had been available when I made the purchase. Eventually I want to go to a BP/W.
All of the pictures of this new "BC" show a harness with plastic quick release buckles on the sholder straps. I'd be curious to see what the lift of that wing actually is...

$249 for SS backplate, harness, and wing is pretty good.

However, agree that the wing doesn't fit the needs of recreational divers. It does mentioned "extended range", so huge doubles with lots of stages?

Remember that Triple-L sponsored Nuno Gomes. And their old site had mentioned releasing a wing to the public after he sets the world record.

Unique to ScubaL, new VARI-EX bladder design! A variable, expanding internal bladder is made of coated SPANDEX fabric allowing the internal bladder to expand and contract depending on the amount of air allowed into it. This means the diver is not limited to fixed buoyancy as in other bladder units. The bladder can be adjusted infinitely from zero buoyancy up until the OP Valve actuates.

Interesting concept...anyone have any thoughts on that?

undrwater:
Interesting concept...anyone have any thoughts on that?

"The bladder can be adjusted infinitely from zero buoyancy up until the OP Valve actuates."

Isn't that how ALL BC's work. You add air, up to the point where the OPV opens?

Spandex? Ever seen how well old spandex works? It's a latex based thread, not very durable. This is true of virtually all elastic, the waist bands in underwear, top of socks etc. Pretty short life.

Tobin

Don't mean to be critical or anything, but this caught my attention in the description of the wing:

Lift Capacity 40 lbs – 90 lbs
For single tank only

Now, someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but 1)why is the lift capacity given as a range (I thought most wings/bc's have a specific max lift) and 2) why would I need 90lbs of lift for a single tank anyway?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom