Need help identifying Oceanic Bioflex weight system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I purchased an Oceanic Bioflex bc on ebay, listed as weight integrated. No weight pockets were included! I am trying to identify the proper weight pockets for this bc but am stumped. The only weight pockets listed on Oceanic's web DO NOT appear to match the connectors on my BC. I have included pics of my BC (what I think should be the dumpable weight connectors... they read "patent pending") and the pic from the Oceanic website of the QLR replacement weight pockets. Any helpful input would be greatly appreciated.

bryandavis:
I purchased an Oceanic Bioflex bc on ebay, listed as weight integrated. No weight pockets were included! I am trying to identify the proper weight pockets for this bc but am stumped. The only weight pockets listed on Oceanic's web DO NOT appear to match the connectors on my BC. I have included pics of my BC (what I think should be the dumpable weight connectors... they read "patent pending") and the pic from the Oceanic website of the QLR replacement weight pockets. Any helpful input would be greatly appreciated.

I have that weight pocket type on my BC....guess it's time to upgrade :06:

Esteban:
I have that weight pocket type on my BC....guess it's time to upgrade :06:

They are the old style weight pockets. Your local dealer can get them for you.

bryandavis:

Is this a Chute 1 or 2? I think Oceanic changed the pockets lately (Chute 3), but should still be able to supply the old ones
They used to be quite expensive though some 40$ or so
btw, Oceanic sells the pockets as an optional accessory, so don't be too harsh with you seller :wink:

edit: I knew I saw them at LP:
http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/Item...chSortField=Price&AdvSrchSortDesc=False&Hit=0
not 100% certain as I don't know if your;s is the Chute or not, but this pocket system is similar to what I see on your photo (elastic band with a small handle and a stiff plastic rod that engages in the little protusions inside the BCD pocket)

d-s-f

I ordered the weight pockets from Great American Diving Co. for $46 and they do fit correctly. Unfortunately, I went to look at the part # on the receipt (for reference here) and it only says "08. Standard Weight Pockets (Pair)". Anyway, the ones noted on the LP site look like the same thing. Thanx 4 the responses.

I am having the same issue for my son lost the weight pocket and I need to order a replacement? Any recommends on how to get one in 2013? Thanks,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom