Finally some photos from me...Mantas of course..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Veitch

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Its been a while since i have put any photos up on the board. Thought i would post these from last week.

The mantas were feeding early in the morning on the coral spawn from the night before. Excellent for both diving and snorkelling. Was about 12-15 of them in a train up and down the channel. Pretty cool.
DSC_7049.jpg

DSC_7024.jpg

Mantas are so beautiful. The first one is so interesting. 5 mantas one after the other I never had the opportunity to see that… Hope one day…

Great shots.

Thanks Az, i dive with them almost everyday and i still love em

Looks to me like you should hopefully see some mantas pretty soon on your trip to Borneo. Best of luck, should be great...

Yes Yes I hope so
I just don’t have to pronounce their name otherwise they will not appear in front of my dome…
Those last 11 days will be very very long.

Ciao

WOW! Love'em!!! Thanks for sharing
In three years I have seen one manta ray....you are indeed lucky

Not fair, I never even got one manta to cooperate with me, let alone a whole bunch in a nice straight line. The first picture, did you shoot that with available light/manual white balance adjustment underwater? Viz looks pretty good. My travel agent still has not figure out where Yap is yet :(

Thanks everyone, mantas are indeed amazing and i love diving with them all of the time, never get sick of watching them...or taking pictures!

I had my strobes on but not sure if they went off in that shot, its using the 12-24 at 12. I did the WB in RAW conversion.
M

very nice, mike... awesome pics, per usual

Mike Veitch:
Thanks Az, i dive with them almost everyday and i still love em

Looks to me like you should hopefully see some mantas pretty soon on your trip to Borneo. Best of luck, should be great...

Lovely shot...and u dive with them everyday, so jealous!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom