New Photos from Point Lobos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ishie

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys!

Had a lot of fun this weekend at Point Lobos. Pretty decent vis and at the end of the second dive on Saturday, a bunch of Egg-Yolk jellies to play with!

Pictures are here:

http://staff.annexcafe.com/ishie/scuba/pictures.html

There I actually have dived since May, but the pictures in between that weekend and this past weekend haven't been uploaded yet.

Nice pictures, the jellyfish looked pretty scarry but cool! especially the one at the surface.

Very nice pics.

Hmmm.. Interesting... I would have called those Lions Mane (also another Canadian name, forget now) Jelly and they are extreamly painful... the Egg-Yokes we have up here (just up the coast a ways - Seattle Puget Sound) are smaller and actually look like a raw egg.. sample below and of course a raw egg at 75'... not sure how these will upload, but the fancy stringy ones are the Lions Mane (stingers) and the smaller on is what we (or at least I who only has 3 class/groupings of Marine ID) is the egg yoke.. non-stinger.. and the real small one is an actual egg yoke egg....heheh... flounders loved it.. had 5 come at it at the same time...

They are though, truely wonderful to photo... some look like that Star Gate when they push...

Back
Top Bottom