Genesis Recon Steel Tech Kit - source?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snake9685

Reaction score
I've been trying unsuccessfully for the last couple of months to find a source that still has the Stainless steel tech kit for Genesis Recon/Sherwood Outback BC's. Akona quit making them and no one seems to have them in stock anymore, nor can they get them. Does anyone know of a source that might still have a kit, or an aftermarket kit that will work, or can one of the DiveRite or Halcyon plates be adapted to work with this BC? If someone that uses the plate can give me the dimensions, I can probably have it reproduced. Any help would be appreciated.

Good Luck Dude.....I have been looking for one as well....If you have a picture of it, I may be able to fabricate them I am a welder and machinist, but I have never even seen a pic of one I do Own a Genesis Recon BC so sizing and figuring it out shouldn't be a problem...let me know what you find out...Toolbox

Toolbox-13:
Good Luck Dude.....I have been looking for one as well....If you have a picture of it, I may be able to fabricate them I am a welder and machinist, but I have never even seen a pic of one I do Own a Genesis Recon BC so sizing and figuring it out shouldn't be a problem...let me know what you find out...Toolbox

This is the best picture I've found. Maybe FredT or Hammerhead can help us out. It's those 2 square holes for the wing fittings and getting the proper hole spacing that has me reluctant to modify an exising plate. Maybe we'll get lucky.

If you can't get the information from those picture`s drop me a line with the measurements you need. I have the whole kit and can take measurements for you.

I made CAD drawings from the a sample I got from John (giles45shop). But after looking into it, getting a plate made from S/S would cost toooo much for it to be worth it.

Snake9685:
I've been trying unsuccessfully for the last couple of months to find a source that still has the Stainless steel tech kit for Genesis Recon/Sherwood Outback BC's. Akona quit making them and no one seems to have them in stock anymore, nor can they get them. Does anyone know of a source that might still have a kit, or an aftermarket kit that will work, or can one of the DiveRite or Halcyon plates be adapted to work with this BC? If someone that uses the plate can give me the dimensions, I can probably have it reproduced. Any help would be appreciated.

Try one of these if you haven't already:
http://shop.divebooty.com/3040.html

Also, you might want to contact Genesis directly, they might be able to help you source one back to one of their distributors.

Canadian_Diver:
Try one of these if you haven't already:
http://shop.divebooty.com/3040.html

Also, you might want to contact Genesis directly, they might be able to help you source one back to one of their distributors.

Contacted Divebooty last night - they had one for a year, but sold it Monday. Genesis and Akona can't help. I've run out of online retailers. Sent a PM to Martini about the measurements, maybe I can have one (or more) made. Also sent a PM to FredT for his ideas and sent an email to Hamerhead. I let you'all know what I find out.

Snake9685:
Contacted Divebooty last night - they had one for a year, but sold it Monday. Genesis and Akona can't help. I've run out of online retailers. Sent a PM to Martini about the measurements, maybe I can have one (or more) made. Also sent a PM to FredT for his ideas and sent an email to Hamerhead. I let you'all know what I find out.

Do you want the drawings?

It doesn't look like a hill that would be hard to climb. I will need one of the units for a few hours to measure it.

Tamas, Please forward the CAD drawings so I can get a preliminary quote on the set so you guys can see if the project is worth persuing.

FT

FredT:
It doesn't look like a hill that would be hard to climb. I will need one of the units for a few hours to measure it.

Tamas, Please forward the CAD drawings so I can get a preliminary quote on the set so you guys can see if the project is worth persuing.

FT

sure, here you go, done in CAD (*.dwg file format)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom