Oceanic HUD Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

COLDREDNECK

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anyone heard more on the release date of the new Oceanic Heads Up Display mask? Been waiting almost 2 years and still nothing out there. Oceanic's site says coming next year but its been the same since last year or more. A release date and expected MSRP would be nice. Been saving my pennies!!!

Last years catalog said coming soon. It's not even mentioned in the new 2005 catalog. Maybe the navy canceled the developement contract they had with them and the whole project got scrapped. That was the original purpose for it and a civilian version was supposed to be in the works but as I said not a peep about it in the new catalog unless it's in the 06 but I haven't heard anything. Speaking of oceanic did you know that the delta III is no longer available from them. it's been replaced with the delta IV which I have not dove yet but when putting one together for a customer I got to test it out of water and I'm definitely NOT impressed. It breathes ok but not as smooth as the III and it just feels weird to me maybe in the water it would be ok but to me my sherwood brut pony rig and my blizzard back-up reg(until I find another III) breathe as good as this new and improved delta IV. also the new first stage the fdx 10 is somewhat scary. the enviroseal is on top and is plastic and has a pretty high profile for those of us who wear our tanks a little high. I would hesitate to go into any overhead environment with it. To me it seems a little more thought could have gone into the engineering of this piece. So as a result I'm keeping an eye on ebay for another III as a back up. I can't say enough about this set-up! I love the ease of breathing and the fine tuning at my finger tips. Oceanic should have stayed a little closer to it. But like the HUD even though it was announced at christmas time it was not available till march or april as i recall and even then was limited supply til recently. That's why they had an extra 5000 III's made to cover the supply problem. So it may just be another "it's coming but don't hold your breath!" from them.

would be nice to try one just for one. ive seen it two many times in diff websites but dont know a single person who knows when exactly it will be available to the public.

Ron Brandt:
2 years? It's been longer than that....I had a discussion with a freind over the weekend about that mask. I had the idea for one of those in 1981. Apparently there is a prototype ,but as far as I'm concerned it's vaporware.

Ron

There was another HUD mask from Cochran that was shown at DEMA years ago—that one quietly disappered without ever being released.

FYI : Just got a reply from Oceanic . They are looking at a release of Oct 2006. No MSRP yet

We were one of the SD Magazine's IntenCity tour this year, and I have actually laid eyes on one, tried it out, etc...etc.... I got the its comming soon line too, but they have it in the hands of their reps, so they should be coming soon.... hopefully, cause it was pretty cool. Only thing I didnt like about it was that it was a black skirted mask... i didnt like that, BUT it would be too hard to see with a clear skirt....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom