Need Feb swim locale w fine dine and wine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving Dutch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am traveling from the US and am looking for a place to dive in the Mediterranean or Red Sea or something. I am meeting a friend from Kosovo, so it needs to be in that general area. One problem - it's in February. I don't mind a wetsuit, but don't care to dive dry (I do that enough where I live). The other problem - I want to be able to do other things, namely good food and wine, and something to see other than what's under the water. So this would be not solely a dive trip, but a trip with diving.

So I guess I'm asking for any suggestions for a place with moderate diving temperatures and has more to offer than just diving and laying in the sun. Okay, I know I wrote 'just' and 'diving' next to each other, but I will have about 10 days. Can anyone can point me in the right direction?

Diving Dutch:
One problem - it's in February. I don't mind a wetsuit, but don't care to dive dry (I do that enough where I live). The other problem - I want to be able to do other things, namely good food and wine, and something to see other than what's under the water. So this would be not solely a dive trip, but a trip with diving.
You can forget Med & wetsuit in February. So, it leaves you Red Sea. Egypt can offer you good food and you can probably find good wines.

MonkSeal:
You can forget Med & wetsuit in February. So, it leaves you Red Sea. Egypt can offer you good food and you can probably find good wines.

Well, that definitely narrows things down for me. Thanks for the help.

In winter, deep waters in Mediterranean sea are at 13 C, but surface waters can be colder depending on the weather.
For me 10 to 13 C in thick wet suit is fine, but a lot of people do not want to hear about it! You have to decide.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom