Favorite Pre and Post Dive Snacks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gidds

Contributor
Reaction score
Witness Protection Program (hiding from the MOFia)
Everybody likes food and everybody likes to talk about food, at least in my observation. So what are everybody's favorite pre and post dive snacks and beverages?

What about mid-dive snacks? I hear raw scallops are good!

Post dive: Fried seafood (especially oysters).

Tamas:
Assortment of nuts and tomato juice

The evil juice strikes again....

---
Ken

Beer, Scotch, beer....Clams and Crab drenched in Real Butter! Anything to harden the arteries.......................B-------

Peanut butter and honey sammiches !!!! :11ztongue

. . . and between dives, any unruly little children who may be running amok about the dive boat !!!! :007:

the K

Mo2vation:
The evil juice strikes again....

---
Ken

Didn't your mom ever tell you that it's good for you?, well mine did and I listened!
I realize some people might not like the flavour of it but I do AND it is an antioxidant. Even though there is no scientific proof, but when diving on mix, and forcing that mix into your body, the more antioxidants I can have the better.

A Sciencetition told me once it was good! :D

SeanQ:
What about mid-dive snacks? I hear raw scallops are good!

How does one chew and swallow while continuously exhaling? Especially since scallops are very chewy?
I prefer raw oysters anyway. One of my advisors eats raw Crepidula while another one eats raw quahogs in the field. Too "fishy" for me.

Raspberry newtons used to be my favorite between dive snack while I was getting trained but then I got hypothermia and was made to sit in the instructor's truck for the rest of the day and I remember the guys I was being trained with being concerned enough to make sure I wasn't going to die before eating my newtons for me. Now I really don't eat newtons due to unpleasant associations I guess.

What is the big deal with tomato juice or lack thereof? One should keep in mind, when purchasing commercial tomato juice, that it can have a high sodium content.

Back
Top Bottom