Pug's new fitness program for DIR divers...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug

Swims with Orca
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I need to stay in shape... well, no... actually I need to get in shape... DIR shape...

But I just hate wasting energy with sissy exercise programs... work must accomplish something for me to be happy... of course I prefer to watch others do the work but somehow I can't see that helping me in the shape department...

So this morning I decided to kill some trees... 60 foot cottonwoods that are just now releasing their *summer snow*...
(I hate 'em for that)... plus they were blocking my view a little.

Since they may or may not have been exactly on my property I needed to work fast too... better to ask for forgiveness than for permission... but always much better if no one notices for a while...

It was during this little foray into the rough and tumble world of the logger that I found a few new ways to excercise....

1) Pulling a rope attached to a spring one hundred times while holding 30# was the first one... great cardio workout...

2) Holding 30# at various heights and angles was another... great for strength...

3) Going back and forth between 1 & 2 seemed to work well also... and became a favorite right away...

4) Pants drops were not as tiring but did keep me active and allowed a small break from 3 to catch my breath and see if the saw cut in my jeans had found meat...

5) Out running trees was actually kinda fun but a 60 ft sprint over hurtles wearing heavy steel toed boots is very tiring... (sometimes the tree would almost win)

LOL! I hope the cut in the pants didn't find meat. (Since you posted this thread, I will presume it didn't). Sounds like quite a workout.
Anybody miss the trees yet?
I had my first encounter with the "snow" of Cottonwoods last week (Missouri). They didn't seem to bother me much, but they were giving some of our group fits.

Good Luck!
Jarhead

UP,

As I have grown attached to your charm, wit, and invaluable knowledge here on the board I want to help with your workout. I have about 40 trees that need to be removed that I will donate to your stay healthy cause. Not to worry, many are 50+ feet tall so you can still have the fun you experienced in #5.

Originally posted by Uncle Pug
So this morning I decided to kill some trees... 60 foot cottonwoods that are just now releasing their *summer snow*...
(I hate 'em for that)... plus they were blocking my view a little.
Hey Uncle,
When you get done there, howzabout comin' on down my way and taking care of the ones in my neighbor's yard...
Rick :) :) :)

DIR divers are not only arrogant and excessively fond of black, but also they kill trees :boom:. Global deforestation, here we come.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

You know I respect you really :).

Sometimes...

Zept

I got a 150 ft white pine that I've got to get rid of before it falls on my house, my neighbors house, or worse... my cable modem line.

So if you ever want to voyage out to the great NE, let me know and I can give you a little workout while your here! :)

Hey! I live even closer than funky, and I've got these nasty trees across the way that partially block my view of the lake. I want to do my part for Pug as well . . . :)

as they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia

The giant redwood, the larch, the fir, the mighty scots pine!

(All together now - sing, sing, SING!)

Pug's a lumberjack and he's OK
Dives all night and drops trees all day!

<Chorus of red suited DIR Divers>
He's a lumberjack and he's OK

He uses a Stihl, He dives Nitrox
and mixes gas for free
On Wednesdays he goes diving
and has geoduck for tea

Ohhhhhh!
He's a lumberjack and he's OK

DIR logging, when did Halcyon start making chain saws?

Just joke’n ,
Mike.

Uncle P - please be careful with that chainsaw!

On a related note -

I used to hate cotton wood trees too - such a mess to clean up - than last year as we walked out our back door one sunny Sunday morning, greated by a 'snowfall' of cotton wood seeds on a light breeze, my daughter said:

"Gee, Daddy, there sure are a lot of wishes in the air"

I like cotton woods just fine now....<S>

-Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom