Correct fitting of BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tri repetae

Registered
Reaction score
i apologise in advance if this is a really stupid question;

how is a correctly sized bc supposed to fit? where about should the cummerband and two front clips sit? e.g. the top of the cummerband must or must not be just below your sternum etc.

also how tight should it be fastened?

A general rule of thumb is that the cumberbun should be about half way over your belly button. Sometimes with a persons build that is just not possible. The one important thing is to not have it over your diaphragm, basically below your sternum.
How tight..wellll. You don't want to be floating in it but at the same time it shouldn't be causing you problems breathing or be uncomfortable. Zeagle's web site has some good info on it...zeagle.com.

Dive with it. Is it comfortable yet snug and secure? It fits. There is much variation in styles and models.

If you dive with a weight belt, make sure you can get to it.

Enjoy your diving,

theskull

I had a diver here who never realized how uncomfortable he was in his bc. One time before a dive I had him stand up and set his tank on a platform while wearing it. I cinched the straps tight. You have to make sure the collar of the bc is high on the back of your neck, not halfway down your back. I thightened evrything. Stomach, chest and shoulders.

After the dive he was so thankful that his bc was like part of his body. His tank did not roll 3 inches either way while swimming.

My advise, make it as tight as possible without sacrificing comfort. You can adjust it anyway at any time.

Swimming along looking like a noob. :D

Back
Top Bottom