Monterey nudis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Just figured i'd post a few of the cool nudis i saw last weekend at various sites in Monterey. First time i've seen any of these guys before;

Spanish Shawl
31390415-M.jpg

Thick-horned Aeolid
31381333-M.jpg

Pugnacious Aeolid
31390158-M.jpg

Chris

In all my yrs. diving i still haven't seen a nudi! Hmmmmm

Thanks for the compliments. I think those pics are made more by the subjects than anything i did. They'r all with the Fuji F810 and ikelite housing. I just got ULCS hardware to attach a flashlight to use as a focus-assist light but that's the only thing attached to my camera. All those pics are with the internal flash and ike diffuser. Here is what my rig looks like:

31056377-M-1.jpg

Note the thing that comes in pizza boxes for my flashlight diffuser :wink:

Chris

Great Pics!!! I like the way you have your Focus light setup, I think I might have to borrow that Idea..

I have well over 200 dives in monterey and have only see one Spanish Shawl, and it was when I was leading a couple of divers on there third Checkout dive! They were amazed when they saw it and then when we got back to the boat and they found out how rarely they are seen they were even more stoked!

Just out of curiosity, what site were you at when you took these pics?

Phil

phylo:
Great Pics!!! I like the way you have your Focus light setup, I think I might have to borrow that Idea..

I have well over 200 dives in monterey and have only see one Spanish Shawl, and it was when I was leading a couple of divers on there third Checkout dive! They were amazed when they saw it and then when we got back to the boat and they found out how rarely they are seen they were even more stoked!

Just out of curiosity, what site were you at when you took these pics?

Phil

Heh i didn't know they were rare either. They were all over at Carmel Meadows. Overall though the dive site was kinda a pain :wink: Big long walk down a starcase and then over sand with full gear wore us out. Pretty shallow too. This little critter was hanging on for dear life in the swell. Not quite sure how they do that :wink:

EDIT: And i loved my focus light (first time using it this weekend). The thick-horned and pugnacious were at Butterfly House and it was DARK. Like could have been a night dive. With the flashlight the F810 found focus in a snap.

Monkey Knife-fight:
Heh i didn't know they were rare either. They were all over at Carmel Meadows. Overall though the dive site was kinda a pain :wink: Big long walk down a starcase and then over sand with full gear wore us out. Pretty shallow too. This little critter was hanging on for dear life in the swell. Not quite sure how they do that :wink:

EDIT: And i loved my focus light (first time using it this weekend). The thick-horned and pugnacious were at Butterfly House and it was DARK. Like could have been a night dive. With the flashlight the F810 found focus in a snap.

Butterfly house is awesome! One of my favorite dive sites in Carmel!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom