Problem with Oxycheq Harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

N.E.Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am having a problem with my new Harness. First let me state it is an adjustable harness with Fastex clips. The problem is the webbing is sliding through the clips when I put it on and I am constantly cinching it down while diving. I opted not to get the one piece harness b/c I thought...hey adjustable...that will make life easier...currently this is not the case. Is there a chance that the clips are faulty? maybe the way they are hanging on my body? Could it be becuase the webbing is still a bit stiff? Any tips or suggestions would help out??

N.E.Diver:
I am having a problem with my new Harness. First let me state it is an adjustable harness with Fastex clips. The problem is the webbing is sliding through the clips when I put it on and I am constantly cinching it down while diving. I opted not to get the one piece harness b/c I thought...hey adjustable...that will make life easier...currently this is not the case. Is there a chance that the clips are faulty? maybe the way they are hanging on my body? Could it be becuase the webbing is still a bit stiff? Any tips or suggestions would help out??

A couple thoughts.

Is the webbing threaded the "right" way through the "ladder" on the buckles. These buckles usually have "teeth" to prevent slipping, and if the reversed would be ineffective.

The second thought is the webbing it's self. Too soft a webbing will slide, no way to stop it I know of. In other words if you try three different types of webbing on the same buckle, properly threaded, each will have a differrent resistance to slipping.

Good luck,

Tobin

Tobin-

Thanks for the tips. By the way congrats on your review...you guys build a top notch rig and if I ever go to replace mine it will be a DSS.

Check the threading on the clips and as a last ditch use a weight keeper to stop it from slipping.

Joe

Sideband:
Check the threading on the clips and as a last ditch use a weight keeper to stop it from slipping.

Joe

Great suggestion, wish I'd thought of it.....

Tobin

cool_hardware52:
Great suggestion, wish I'd thought of it.....

Tobin
LOL thanks. I had to back up and reread your post to make sure you didn't think of it and was being sarcastic. :) (the keeper part anyway)

Joe

Have you considered replacing the jury-rigging with a new, single, piece of webbing? It's an easy project on a rainy afternoon...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom