mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hardhat

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a low volume mask (for freediving) that eccepts perscription lenses that the manufacturer of the mask can supply.

its not needed in 2 diff forums..

but here u go (for the 2nd time)

use a scubapro low volume frameless mask..

i think they go for about 45 or 60, there are 2, a "frameless" and a "frameless 2"
ive held, tried on, both.. and they seemed pretty good. i think i might be considering it for my next mask.

there both available at leisurepro.com

theres also a whole list there of low profile masks..
if you call and ask you can ussually get presc lenses for all

bikeflip22:
its not needed in 2 diff forums..

but here u go (for the 2nd time)

use a scubapro low volume frameless mask..

i think they go for about 45 or 60, there are 2, a "frameless" and a "frameless 2"
ive held, tried on, both.. and they seemed pretty good. i think i might be considering it for my next mask.

there both available at leisurepro.com

theres also a whole list there of low profile masks..
if you call and ask you can ussually get presc lenses for all

Sorry for posting twice. Thanks for replying twice.

I wouldn't touch any Scubapro crap if I was paid to. Both of those masks are higher volume then what I already dive with. Also both are single window masks, so to put corrective lenses in them they would have to be glued in, again not what you want (adds wieght). I guess you don't know what freediving (breath hold diving) is. You want a low volume mask that's around 50 or 60 cc, not something that's triple that volume like the Scubapro Frameless masks.

hardhat:
Sorry for posting twice. Thanks for replying twice.

I wouldn't touch any Scubapro crap if I was paid to. Both of those masks are higher volume then what I already dive with. Also both are single window masks, so to put corrective lenses in them they would have to be glued in, again not what you want (adds wieght). I guess you don't know what freediving (breath hold diving) is. You want a low volume mask that's around 50 or 60 cc, not something that's triple that volume like the Scubapro Frameless masks.

Hey hardhat,
Here are a few that will accept corrective lenses.
Omer Abyss
Mares X-Vision
Mares Opera
Seac Sub Extreme
H2Odyssey Alpha 2

Some of these may not have the extremely low internal volume that you may be looking for but all can be used for freediving and a couple of these can be found dirt cheap!

freediver:
Hey hardhat,
Here are a few that will accept corrective lenses.
Omer Abyss
Mares X-Vision
Mares Opera
Seac Sub Extreme
H2Odyssey Alpha 2

Some of these may not have the extremely low internal volume that you may be looking for but all can be used for freediving and a couple of these can be found dirt cheap!

Yes. MAREX X Vision or Opera are too big for freediving.

how can something be to big? pressure or what? im a newb

When I said to big, it means that you want a low profile mask. So you don't need to use a lot of air to equilize the mask. Remember... you are holding your breath.... so each little bit your losse in the mask is vital.

Back
Top Bottom