Noob-friendly dive operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

greatwolf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi Everyone,

Just got OW certified this year. I'm visiting the islands at the end of the year and I'm planning on visiting Anilao, Puerto Galera and Subic to dive. Are there any noob-friendly dive operators that you can suggest?

Also, has anyone used the following dive operators? I'm trying to decide which one to use. Do the resorts charge for check-out dives?

Subic
Masterdive
Johan's Adventure and Wreck Dive Centre

Anilao
Dive and Trek
Balai Anilao Resort

Puerto Galera
Action Divers
Capt'n Greggs
Asia Divers
Cocktail Divers

I don't have an itinerary yet, as such I was wondering how easy it would be to walk in a diveshop and book a dive? Do I have to book in advance, and if so, how far ahead should I book?

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

i've done balai in anilao... great place greater food hehehehe... what do you mean charge for check out? OW check out dives or "i want to check out the vicinity if it's an ok site"?

either way i think all the resorts on the list would do that... unless you bring your own tank and do a shore dive with no DM...

i haven't dive (dove? dived?) via asia divers but have stayed at their resort years ago... great place too and i hear one of the best dive ops on galera...

have fun!

Jag

PS
generally you can walk into most diveshops and book a dive (or series of dives)... advanced notice always helps but in dive areas (anilao, galera, etc.) most places are ready to go at the drop of a hat

greatwolf:
Hi Everyone,
Also, has anyone used the following dive operators? I'm trying to decide which one to use. Do the resorts charge for check-out dives?

Anilao
Dive and Trek
Balai Anilao Resort

Puerto Galera
Asia Divers

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

i can only say things on the two resorts that you mentioned that i have personally used.

Dive and Trek : the area is great for new comers, some 30+ Giant clams from 35 ft to 50ft. some measuring a meter wide. it has a deep cavern with lots of sweet lips. and if youre lucky you could spot the growing grouper at 80ft. near the "bat cave"

at 5 ft you could chance on the school of Jacks.

As for Asia Divers, go for it you won't regret it. the price at PG is fairly standard it will depend on the accomodations you choose. January would be rather cool here at around 26 centigrade compared to the 33 to 39 centigrade by march.

Thanks for the suggestions...26 is not too bad compared to the water temp here in Sydney. I did my OW course in May and the water was about 19. I'm diving this Sunday for my dive club's annual treasure hunt, and by the looks of it, it's going to be about 15 degrees.

PaoloV, I hope you don't mind me asking, I'm just curious, are you related to the Villegas twins at Hit Productions?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom