Pioneer 27....and a little extra question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IvanM

Registered
Reaction score
Well my Halcyon Pioneer 27 is in the mail :D :D :D , but I just though of something: most of the boats I dived from had the bench on which you can sit and behind you is the hole in witch you can fit your tank while sitting. Now I can’t tell from the pictures but the wing looks quite long, so can it fit normally? Not terribly important but I would like to know…I hope I explained the question well…
Also, I know this is wrong forum, but you have any opinions between the UK Sun Light C8 (2 times 13W halogen), UK Sun Light D8 (2 times 14W halogen), or the UK Light Canon (10W HID)

The price difference is substantial; I am just wandering about other peoples experience with any of these…

p.s. just to mention my choice is limited to one of these 3 lights

It's not even close to being an problem. Even if you mount the wing so that the bottom sits below the tank, it's just nylon and folds over/up with no issue.

Just get the C8 and save your pennies for a canister light. They're only ~ $500 these days.

Your wing problem will be predicated upon how low your B/P is positioned on your tank.

the K

It should be no prob, as your BP wont be that low on the tank cause youll hit your head. It loks long but in reality I think its normal leanght and just looks long cause its so narrow compared to other BC's

I've been on quite a few boats that I didn't like how my rig fit into the holders. This is with the standard BP/STA/Pioneer 18# or 27# wing set up. The holders pinched or wedged the wing...I'm sure, given how thin the pioneer wings are, they would have been damaged.

Not a big deal...I just put my rig down in a safe spot somewhere on deck. Just keep an eye out for the deck hands and don't let them handle your gear....something I don't let happen whether or not I use the tank rack.

[QUOTENot a big deal...I just put my rig down in a safe spot somewhere on deck. Just keep an eye out for the deck hands and don't let them handle your gear....something I don't let happen whether or not I use the tank rack.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a plan :crafty: ... thanks...

I just tuck the wing in between the plate and the tank and then I don't have to worry about it getting crunched. Works fine for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom