Mares Air Trim Leak Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uthguyhoward

New
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I recently purchased a MARES Vector 1000 w/ air trim.. I LOVE IT!! The only problem is that within 5 dives the Air Trim unit leaked constantly. I sent it back to the manufacturer and they sent me a new one. The day it came in we had a pool session and I put it on and it leaked immediately and constantly. The shop I work out of had sent back 4 other Mares Air Trim units for the same issues and we placed every replacement bc in the water, and all leaked. I am getting conflicting info from the manufactures rep. This evidently is a new air trim design. ( when you take the cover off, there are no additional screws or o-rings to replace.. the Air trim unit is sealed to the bc) The older ones were repairable if there was a leak develop.

According to the Mares/Dacor rep, we are the only shop that has sent any bc's back.

So my question... Is anyone else out there aware of or having this issue??

uthguyhoward

Back
Top Bottom