Day Trip transportation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Halthron

Contributor
Reaction score
I was hoping to go diving this weekend but when I called the numbers on the page at scuba1.net, two said they were not yet in service and the third said it as filtering calls at the subscribers request.

So, I'm looking for suggestions on dive shops or resorts that have day trips as well as transportation from Metro Manila (Pasay preferred but I'll take a taxi to get to a pickup point). I figure it wouldn't be too hard to find once I'm there but getting to the sites is the biggest sticking point.

I know I can take a taxi for about 5-6k roundtrip, but I'm not looking to spend that much on transportation.

Any suggestions?

for a daytrip at anilao try calling aquaventure reef club/aqua one 8957932. you could probably ask them if they can include transfers to and from anilao

or alternatively you could try and PM clgsamson or call the divenet group, they're going to aquaventure this weekend. Divenet: 9139250 or 4225580 look for Joy Castillo. these guys are cool...they might be able to help you

Thanks!

Aquaventure wanted 4500 for transportation so I told them thanks. Divenet looks good for maybe next weekend (they want reservations by Tuesday). Details for anyone wondering:

They leave Friday night and stay through Sunday.

The dive tour package runs 3850 + 375 for the Friday night part and includes four dives and a "fan-cooled" room, double occupancy. Unsure what the single suppliment would be. Equipment rental is 450 (BC, Regulator & weights) for the weekend. Transportation is 800 per person round trip.

Halthron,

I used to know a safe reliable taxi driver who would do a RT (drop off sat am and a pickup sunday dinner time) for about 3K. If it were a daytrip turnaround i'm sure he would have done it for much less. My point is that if you are really stuck for a ride look around, you can get it much cheaper than 4,5.

Oh, the single supplement probably refers to an extra charge so that you have your room all to yourself. Remember, the charges in most anilao resorts are per person and if you have a room with 2 or 3 beds they will fill them with other guests if the bookings are tight, unless you pay a premium.

Thanks for the explanation but I was referring to not knowing what the charge for the suppliment would be. Guess I should have phrased it better. And that's good to know on the charges as well.

i use a van service , it picke me up at makati and brings me to lemery side batangas (as his normal route is lemery to manila and vis versa)

i took the FX service (sort of taxi service but point to point wherein they wait until the passengers fill up the vehicle, tightly) from manila to lemery. on the way i talked to the driver and i asked him if he can to special trips (pick me up bring me to dive parking and vice versa) he said he can do that for 2k one way.

his van sits 14 persons x Php 130 = php1,800+ . this is his earnings for a trip.

so i pay him 2,000 to pick me up one way and another 2,000 to bring me back home.

been using him eversince (three years now). he has picked up several divers from hotels in makati and brought to portulano parking and back.

In Aquaventure the single supplement is an additional P750. That is actually the room rate per person for local divers.

This is what I like about coming to a new city, experiencing the culture and learning the new ways to do things :)

Halthron:
This is what I like about coming to a new city, experiencing the culture and learning the new ways to do things :)

or you can hitch a ride with a good samaritan that goes to those dive sites regularly..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom