Six Gill Sharks Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sea nmf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
six gill shark video

Here is a site that has recent video of six gill sharks feeding in Puget Sound. The sharks are eating "fishcicles" made in 5-gallon buckets so that you get an idea of their size.

The link works!

I don't blame them for wanting to tag from a cage though... 24 footers are awfully large!

You know they're supposed to be extremely docile though. I know a little bit up from Puget Sound in BC they regularily dive with them. That being said, 24' of shark and a bucket of bait - not a chance.

Darryl

Did you look at the swimming video? They look docile to me. I just wouldn't chum them in.

This is my new goal - to dive with a six-gill. Unfortunately, your chances of seeing them are better at night. I'm afraid my heart would stop when they swam into the circle of light from the u/w flashlight. But I'm still hoping to dive with them within the year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom