Zeagle BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darylm74

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone know where I can find Zeagle BP/W setups from an online retailer?

Corigan:
scubatoys...

Matt

I know that scubatoys (as I have bought stuff from them before) carries Zeagle but didn't see the BP/W from Zeagle, at least not on their online store.

I am finishing rescue and moving towards DM for lots of reasons and I know the shop wants you diving in their equipment. I want to make sure I look at my options (which are Dive Rite and Zeagle) so that I can stay in a BP/W and not in a BC.

darylm74:
I know that scubatoys (as I have bought stuff from them before) carries Zeagle but didn't see the BP/W from Zeagle, at least not on their online store.

I am finishing rescue and moving towards DM for lots of reasons and I know the shop wants you diving in their equipment. I want to make sure I look at my options (which are Dive Rite and Zeagle) so that I can stay in a BP/W and not in a BC.
I would find a different shop. They probably want you in their rental gear, not just stuff they sell.

Well most shops want you in Hi-end stuff they sell as it is proven that O/W students buy what their instr/DM has. Thats why companies will give Instrs/DM's "keyman" discounts. Zeagle has been making BP for a while but I dont think they make a single tank wing yet. Although I did read something about them starting to.

PM ScottZeagle for info on that

diverite has some great gear but the ss back plate has sharp edges so thats why i went with OMS they file the edges down nice and smooth. does the shop sell OMS. if so i would order the ss bp. thats the way to go. i halcyon sells nice bp too.
i think the wings are up to each persons choice. i have the diverite venture wing and its great for the single tank i also have the single tank adapter and it helps place the tank in the same spot everytime. aswell as keeping it from rolling.

WaterDawg:
Zeagle has been making BP for a while but I dont think they make a single tank wing yet. Although I did read something about them starting to.

PM ScottZeagle for info on that

We have a 34 lb all elastic bladder that is great for single tanks, or the 35lb Stiletto bladder will work fine if you want a single bag bladder.

I am working on a donut wing, but it probably won't be ready to sell until 2006.

Any Zeagle dealer can order you what you want - whether they are internet or LDS.

Thanks,

Scott

teknitroxdiver:
I would find a different shop. They probably want you in their rental gear, not just stuff they sell.

...my best friend is the manager of the shop....I mean like as in the guy that is over my house hanging out 3 or 4 times a week drinking beer and blasting music or playing guitar so don't see me going elsewhere.

The shop owners press the Pro-QD but they carry a lot of Zeagle and my friend won't be caught outside the pool in anything but his Zeagle Ranger (Scott you have him at least as a die hard loyal follower). I am just looking at my options right now. I currently have a single Oxycheq wing and an double Dive Rite wing. I really don't need a new plate except I prefer to dive with a straight harness when I'm really diving and for DMing, they want me in at least something like at deluxe harness / transpac etc.

If I had to go back to BC, it would be a Ranger or Tech and that may be what I do. The guy that I got the doubles wing off of is the technician there (he took the wing to some serious caves and a few trips to the Doria) and he quietly suggests not giving up my BP/W style of diving and coming up with a "compromising" solution.

I will come up with something and I get some good discounts when I come on staff and more when I do a certain amount of DMing for them. I am still thinking the Ranger or the Tech might be the best route. I can always get use the wing from one of them later on. I just got a feeling Scott will be getting my business. We'll see what happens.

Thanks again

ScottZeagle:
I am working on a donut wing, but it probably won't be ready to sell until 2006.

Scott

Ahh yees thats what I was thinking about.

ScottZeagle:
We have a 34 lb all elastic bladder that is great for single tanks, or the 35lb Stiletto bladder will work fine if you want a single bag bladder.

Any Zeagle dealer can order you what you want - whether they are internet or LDS.

Thanks,

Scott

I probably won't be a DM until 2006 as I'm already working full time, two kids, finishing my college degree and on-call all the time. I think I got time so perhaps a little bit of patience will help out here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom