Zeagle Zena question??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

citydiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey Everyone,
I am looking into getting a BC and from the responses I got from my previous posts I am really interested in trying the Zeagle Zena...it seems like it would be perfect for my achh hem dimensions....well the problem is I live in NYC and can't find anyone around here who has them in stock to try on much less try it on in a pool....
What to do!!! Also the Zena is back inflation not back plate correct...
Thanks in advance...

:wink:

citydiver:
Hey Everyone,
I am looking into getting a BC and from the responses I got from my previous posts I am really interested in trying the Zeagle Zena...it seems like it would be perfect for my achh hem dimensions....well the problem is I live in NYC and can't find anyone around here who has them in stock to try on much less try it on in a pool....
What to do!!! Also the Zena is back inflation not back plate correct...
Thanks in advance...

:wink:

http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/ZGLZN.html

Leisure pro has them go to the website.. Just so you know they are a gray market, plus not open on saturday, They are on the 3rd floor. I have never had a problem with any equipment I bought from them.

Spanky
Leisure pro ARE NOT an authorized Zeagle dealer.
I suggest you have a look HERE for a delaer close by.

Yes the Zena is a rear wing BCD but does not have a backplate.

Cheers
Chris

I dive with a Zena and can't even begin to tell you how perfect this BC is for me. One thing I love about it is that it is basically a corset with a wing attached. Every piece of it is modular and you can change the front panel, the wing, and the shoulder pieces to customize your BC for your size and diving style.

For instance, someone who travels to dive warm, but dives cold locally could have both the small and large wing, changing it out depending on what kind of diving they are doing. Or someone could be a large sized woman who loses tons of weight. Instead of having to buy a whole new BC, they would just change the front panel and maybe the shoulder panel (though if they aren't getting shorter, probably not).

There must be a Zeagle dealer in the NYC area that is authorized. Zeagle guarantees their stuff for life if purchased from an authorized dealer, and Scott is a vocal and active member of this board. I bought my Zena from Larry at ScubaToys, but I'm a "perfect medium" and didn't need a special fit.

Disclaimer....there is no one BC that will work or be comfortable for everyone, so make sure you try on the ones you're interested in before you buy. Try as many as you can before you plunk down your hard earned money.

Sydney_Diver:
Spanky
Leisure pro ARE NOT an authorized Zeagle dealer.
I suggest you have a look HERE for a delaer close by.

Yes the Zena is a rear wing BCD but does not have a backplate.

Cheers
Chris
I did put down that they are a grey market.. I know they are not authrorized. But yet I still ahve no complaints about , however all BC, computer , and dry suit were all bought through a shop. But there are limited places in NY city. My dive shop does not even carry them granted there is one here in NJ that sells them according to a friend of mine that works in a dive shop and I believe the shop is in south jesery, He will get back to me tomorrow.

Sea Dwellers of NJ is an authorized zeagle dealer just a bit outside of NYC (Hillsdale, NJ). Their website is www.seadwellersnj.com.

I've worked with the owner in the past and made a number of purchases there - they keep a large amount of zeagle equipment in stock and have always been helpful.

cdtgray:
Sea Dwellers of NJ is an authorized zeagle dealer just a bit outside of NYC (Hillsdale, NJ). Their website is www.seadwellersnj.com.

I've worked with the owner in the past and made a number of purchases there - they keep a large amount of zeagle equipment in stock and have always been helpful.

Thanks for the info...I will call Sea Dwellers of NJ to see if they have it in stock, I really want to try it on and ideally in a pool to see how it fits in the water. I am going to Roatan, Honduras in mid September...I really wanted to check it out in a pool to see how it will feel in the water but living in NYC makes that virtually impossible!

Christina

Back
Top Bottom