Best laminating machine?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Campana

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was considering buying a laminating machine for deco tables, and didn't realize there are several kinds, like one that doesn't use heat, several sizes that use heat, one that will also make stickers and magnetic signs, and perhaps others.

Any recommendations?

waterproof paper and use a copy machine, none of the laminations I have ever seen are worth a flip.

Originally posted by Iguana Don
waterproof paper and use a copy machine, none of the laminations I have ever seen are worth a flip.

A whole lot less money too with each sheet being around the 60-cent mark (USD).

laminating "pouches" from Office Depot. I run the tables in V-planner, copy and paste the relevant info into a Word document, print it, cut it , it fits right in the little pouch thing, about "wallet size". No machine required, about 5 bucks a dozen for the pouches.

Tom

Originally posted by WreckWriter
laminating "pouches" from Office Depot. I run the tables in V-planner, copy and paste the relevant info into a Word document, print it, cut it , it fits right in the little pouch thing, about "wallet size". No machine required, about 5 bucks a dozen for the pouches.

Tom

So I went looking in the Office Depot site and they had Small pouches and Large pouches

but I guess what yall are saying is that you can use them without the machine?

Look good, thanks.

Originally posted by Campana
but I guess what yall are saying is that you can use them without the machine?

Look good, thanks.

Reading the item description you can either use good old human pressure power or a laminating machine set on "cold" to laminate your item.

I had not heard of the pouches. But I have used sheets - carefully putting the laminating sheet and item together - then I used a rolling pin to get a really good contact. ~~ just amazing where you'll find a usefull tool

Originally posted by DivingGal

So I went looking in the Office Depot site and they had Small pouches and Large pouches

The ones I've been using are even smaller. They call themselves "wallet card size". Same manufacturer though, GBC.

They seem to be designed to be used by hand. You just peel back a bit of the backing, stick your item on, kinda roll it over itself. I just press it together by hand.

Tom

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom