Safety sausage placement on BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

atlas750

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Is there a "best" place to clip a safety sausage to while boat diving? Jacket type BCD. Thanks.

Not sure about jacket style, but a backplate harness has one obvious place for it:

D-ring on the crotch strap. :05:

atlas750:
Is there a "best" place to clip a safety sausage to while boat diving? Jacket type BCD. Thanks.

When diving in my BC jacket, I have it in my pocket to reduce drag. Thus, I don't like having things dangling.

When diving in my BP+wing (which I do with most of my diving), I have it in my thigh pocket.

I have met so many divers on our charter boat who keep their SS in their BCD pocket and cant get it out when on the surface because the BCD has inflated around it.

I tell them to get a pocket glued to their exposure suit and put it in there...

Azza:
I have met so many divers on our charter boat who keep their SS in their BCD pocket and cant get it out when on the surface because the BCD has inflated around it.

Another good thing about a back inflate.

Hip D-ring for me.

on my oceanic probe there are outside pockets on both sides with velcro closure and d-ring tabs to open them. sausage clips to right side pocket d-ring. does not dangle down and velcro keeps it close to the body. also makes a big tab when I'm trying to get my surge light out of the pocket with drysuit and gloves on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom