Sellers sadness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny

dirty-finned dive goddess
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I put my old Minolta Maxxum 7000 with a few lenses and flash up for auction on Ebay. I have been considering doing this for some time, but finally I decided to just do it. Item sold for about 1/10 of what I paid for it. Ok, it wasn't in perfect condition, and I know some stuff goes cheap on ebay.

So this morning as I am packing it up to ship off, I feel like a part of me is being sent away. This was my "first camera" and have taken hundreds of rolls of film with it, even placing in a photo contest once. This camera recorded many many moments in my life, and did a good job too. A chapter in my life is now closed. Time for digital. I am sad.

Thanks for listening...

Scuba_Jenny:
I put my old Minolta Maxxum 7000 with a few lenses and flash up for auction on Ebay. I have been considering doing this for some time, but finally I decided to just do it. Item sold for about 1/10 of what I paid for it. Ok, it wasn't in perfect condition, and I know some stuff goes cheap on ebay.

So this morning as I am packing it up to ship off, I feel like a part of me is being sent away. This was my "first camera" and have taken hundreds of rolls of film with it, even placing in a photo contest once. This camera recorded many many moments in my life, and did a good job too. A chapter in my life is now closed. Time for digital. I am sad.

Thanks for listening...
Yeah, it's interesting how we become attached to things that were a part of good times in our lives.

Yesterday I sold our camping trailer. Sure, it was old and had had it's best days. And we plan on getting a new one in June. But as we were unloading our stuff, it was sad, remembering the trips to Yellowstone, to Monterey, Puget Sound... A lot of great diving... a lot of good times...

But it isn't really the thing, is it? It's what it represents to us.

Scuba_Jenny:

Thanks for listening...
My deepest sympathy ... I know how you feel.

Been thinking of selling Cheng's Nikonos V ... with the strobe and accessories, we paid about $2,000 for it four years ago. How much do you think it'll go for today?

These things may have value in terms of past experiences, but they depreciate faster than computers, it seems ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Jenny, this is why I have so much 'stuff'. I can't bear to part with it. Think of it as sending it off to be loved, cherished and used to make more wonderful memories for someone else. It's in a much better place now than all my abandoned electronics sitting in the basement in a box.

Uncle Pug:
Bob, you need to borrow my digital PnS for a dive.
Actually, I need to buy the one you decide not to keep ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
My deepest sympathy ... I know how you feel.

Been thinking of selling Cheng's Nikonos V ... with the strobe and accessories, we paid about $2,000 for it four years ago. How much do you think it'll go for today?

These things may have value in terms of past experiences, but they depreciate faster than computers, it seems ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Actually it's still worth a goodly sum. Maybe not quite $2k, but it won't be quite as bad as the depreciation on a 7000i. When I tried to part-ex mine at B&H they wouldn't even look at it, saying they had more than they could sell.

Back
Top Bottom