Nikonos V/20mm/ sb 105 price question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubatooth

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Im looking at several nikonos V on ebay right now and wanted to get the communities opinon.

for a Nik V 300 series what is a reasonable price to pay for one with a 35mm lense and then whats a reasonable price for a 20 mm lens with the view finder

then the same goes for the SB105 as for a good price and then are there any other strobes that you might think would be better.

Thanks in advance

Tooth

This is my own idea:

Nikonos V- used. Try to get it under $300. Whatever you do it will still need to be serviced and that costs about $100. If you get the 35mm lens you can use it as a paperweight.

20mm Nikkor- I think anything under $600 is good if it includes the viewfinder. I used to have one. It is a superb lens. Just as sharp and contrasty as the 15mm. It's an easier lens to use.

I don't know much about the SB105.

DesertEagle:
This is my own idea:

Nikonos V- used. Try to get it under $300. Whatever you do it will still need to be serviced and that costs about $100. If you get the 35mm lens you can use it as a paperweight.

20mm Nikkor- I think anything under $600 is good if it includes the viewfinder. I used to have one. It is a superb lens. Just as sharp and contrasty as the 15mm. It's an easier lens to use.

I don't know much about the SB105.

$300 with 35mm lens. The 35mm lens is good if you intend to do macro. Just got mine back today from service and pressure test (160') cost $32 including tax. I don't know anything about the 105 other than what I have heard...good strobe. Do a search on E bay and you will get some idea of price.
Good luck

ok then would 700 be a good price for a Nik V 300 series with a 35mm and 20 with viewfinder that has been serviced and not in the water since be worth it ?

let me know

Tooth

Back
Top Bottom