Zeagle Brigade/Ranger Bladder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cfelliot

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It seems that the Brigade just doesn't have enough lift for me in cold water with a 7mm suit. Is it possible to buy a larger Ranger bladder and swap it when in cold water and then back for tropical waters? Would I be better served by just buying a second BC? I’d love to save some $$$$$. I use 16lb in warm water and about 38il in cold.

I have never haad a ranger. I have a scout but have owned some similar "tech" bc's. I think if you offer it for a straight swap someone would bite. I am sure there are a lot of ranger owners out there who want a smaller wing.

I'm fairly sure that you can get a ranger bladder to swap out with your brigade bladder.. I don't think they're that expensive either.

Yep you can swap them out. I am pretty sure you can even put the big bertha bladder, can you say 65 lbs of lift, on it.

I have to ask, why 38lbs of lead for cold. I dive a 7mm full suit and use 22lbs. Even with a core warmer that sounds like a lot of lead.

crpntr133:
... why 38lbs of lead for cold. I dive a 7mm full suit and use 22lbs. Even with a core warmer that sounds like a lot of lead.

I bet that I could get down closer to 30 once I get my control refined, but I'm still very close to the limits in the Brigade. My suit is a XXXL and it does take some weight to keep the Goodyear under, LOL!

cfelliot:
I bet that I could get down closer to 30 once I get my control refined, but I'm still very close to the limits in the Brigade. My suit is a XXXL and it does take some weight to keep the Goodyear under, LOL!

If you can drop the eight then that should put you comfortably in the Brigade's 34lbs lift range. Thus making the bigger bladder not an issue. It will also make your bouyancy control a lot easier and extend your bottom time.

cfelliot,

Here's the link on zeagle.com with bladdder options.

http://www.zeagle.com/index.php?submenu=Accessories&src=gendocs&link=Accy_bladders

I would think a Ranger bladder with 44 lbs lift would be a good choice. Your Brigade bladder would be real close to not floating even around 30 lbs. The Tech bladder with 65 lbs lift is another good possible. (The Bertha rigs are dual bladders, not needed unless you go technical.)

Chad

Chad Carney:
Your Brigade bladder would be real close to not floating even around 30 lbs.
How do you figure that, exactly?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom