Bcd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SanzeKuhne

Reaction score
Currently located in Cambridge, as far from the se
Howdy all! I know this is the forum for quite a few comments with regards to BCD's so here we go...

Before the summer I bought a Scubapro Glide 500 to bring with me to Egypt on my DiveMaster internship, and ended up getting XS as my size. It was second hand and the people in the shop recommended it to me, but unfortunately I wasn't able to try it out before I bought it!

Only now do I know that it's way too small for me- I'm about 145-150 pounds, and 183/6 foot tall, and what I realised was that in order to be buoyant on the surface I had to inflate it so much I left like it was going to crush my ribs! So needless to say it would be pretty much useless in other countries where the saltwater isn't as salty (Therefore less buoyancy).

Can anyone recommend some BCD's to me? I've thought about getting a Mares or Oceanic one as my replacement, it will be quite a few months before I can afford buying a new one but will want to shop around before then! I prefer the jacket-style to the wing, but if anyone's got any top-notch stories about wings I'd love to hear about them too!

Cheers all for your help!

well, i have a mares journey (bought this january) women's medium - i'm 5ft7in and heavier than you. it fits fine on land but is too long-waisted in the water - the shoulders ride up, even at their tightest. i like it for what it is, and used it for my first 25 dives, but i've switched to a backplate & wing. this bc was made for diver's direct, i think, so you might not find that much on it, but if you're interested, i'd be willing to sell it. pm me for more info if you need to. however, since i'm not sure where you are, you might not be interested due to postage!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom