Dive operator near Montpelier? Urgent!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DutchDown

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well, it's not exactly urgent for me, since I am at home, but a buddy just called me from a small village near Montpelier and asked me to post this request for information. He's on vacation there with his family and desperately needs to dive. He's got his gear with him...just need to rent tanks.
Can anyone suggest an operator near him and offer any "must-dive" recommendations?

Sure would appreciate any help!

best,

Phil

DutchDown:
Well, it's not exactly urgent for me, since I am at home, but a buddy just called me from a small village near Montpelier and asked me to post this request for information. He's on vacation there with his family and desperately needs to dive. He's got his gear with him...just need to rent tanks.
Can anyone suggest an operator near him and offer any "must-dive" recommendations?

Sure would appreciate any help!

best,

Phil
He should try to go to Marseille, and dive Cassis and the calanques there. It's a stretch but there is not a whole lot to see directly close to Montpellier (such as Cap d'Agde), sandbars, shallows, murky, crappy visibility and wind (tramontane). Unfortunately that would be more than just a day trip, unless he starts very, very early in the AM. The other solution would be South of Perpignan, Cap Cerbère, Banyuls. Marseille might be closer. Good luck to your buddy.

Thanks for the update, however I didn't get the chance to go diving whilst I was there.

With that said, I would still be interested in hearing from anyone who dives the area! Even if the diving is not great, it has to be better than Amsterdam (I am used to seeing nearly nothing!)

My intention is to go back to Palavas les Flots next year on Holiday and if anyone knows of a diving club or a few people who may be interested in going for a dip, please let me know.

Cheers

Paul

http://www.xs4all.nl/~pcjones

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom