Battery re-charger question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

citykid

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all,
Because of you guys and all your great info, I figured out what camera, flash, batteries and charger to go for. You guys rock! Okay, that's enough sucking up. :10:

I bought a battery re-charger that takes 100-240vac. I read here that that is what I need for places outside the US for voltage. But what about the outlets??? I am going to Bonaire soon. Do I need an adaptor ot something? Thank again.

citykid:
I bought a battery re-charger that takes 100-240vac.

sounds like you only need an adaptor not a converter, perhaps a trip to your local radio shack might do

citykid:
Hello all,
Because of you guys and all your great info, I figured out what camera, flash, batteries and charger to go for. You guys rock! Okay, that's enough sucking up. :10:

I bought a battery re-charger that takes 100-240vac. I read here that that is what I need for places outside the US for voltage. But what about the outlets??? I am going to Bonaire soon. Do I need an adaptor ot something? Thank again.
You may have everything you need assuming it's a two-prong charger. If it's a 3 prong plug, you'll need an U.S. 3 prong to 2 prong ground adapter.

Bonaire voltage is nominally 127V/50HZ. Does your charger support 50hz input?

Since Bonaire is part of the "Netherlands" Antilles, fixtures are Dutch. Including some of the plugs. In our condo there were two types of plugs, a European round 2 prong style and a 3-prong plug - two parallel with one below shaped like a T.

My Sony camcorder charger plug worked in the 3 prong plug, the spacing is the same. My buddies laptop charger also worked fine.

I wouldn't plug flash chargers in though, I read somewhere it's not a good idea.

We stayed at BelMar condos in North Belnem - ymmv elsewhere. Some of the diveops have free charging stations with transformers for sensitive divelights/strobe chargers, but that's a hassle if you're not staying near one. I saw one at Toucan Dive at the Plaza Resort.

Sharper image sells a set of conversion plugs for $9.95 for your future travels.

hth,

Back
Top Bottom