I had the priviledge of meeting Stephen Frink...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Yesterday at the 10 city tour at A1 Scuba.

He was a real nice guy, very laid back, and easy to talk with. He is one of my favorite UW photographers, and likely the top in his field which is rather narrow. I would not like to be the President of the US, or the CEO of a large firm, but he has a job I envy! :D

In his seminar he focused on digital shooting and workflow. There were two topics that he stressed. Shooting RAW, and using the histogram to judge exposure. He was all about results (as most pros are) and was not fickle about brandnames, or stuck on media which was refreshing.

His conclusions on shooting digital matched many of my observations in using digital over the past several years coming from a film background. It was a fun experience, and it's always nice to hobknob with high end shooters.

Nice...

You can always tell his photos because his wife is the model.

Yea, Steve's a good guy. I had the pleasure of hosting him for a week in Tahiti once upon a time. Very open and willing to share info.

Keep in contact from time to time with him via email as well. Great guy and true professional

He's a great guy. I started over 10 years ago by renting a camera from his store in Key Largo. They had it delivered to me at the dive center. Now that is service.

I went back a few times but Stephen was always doing an assignment somewhere. The one time I did meet him was here in Boston for the Seamark fundraiser. Everyone was floored by his slide show (this was in the late 90s).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom