Fugi Cameras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tidbit

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I was wondering if the Fugi cameras and their housings are good for underwater. If anyone has any info on this, it would be greatly appreciated. Right now I have a Bonika SeaKing II and am not very happy with it. It has always had condensation problems and it flooded the last time I took it out. I am looking now more towards a digital camera rather than film.

Tidbit:
I was wondering if the Fugi cameras and their housings are good for underwater. If anyone has any info on this, it would be greatly appreciated. Right now I have a Bonika SeaKing II and am not very happy with it. It has always had condensation problems and it flooded the last time I took it out. I am looking now more towards a digital camera rather than film.

Alot of people have the Fuji f810 and like it, esp over at digitaldiver.net.

Fuji F810 is a great underwater camera. Great low light focus, sharp pics, extremely low shutter lag. Propietary batteries that have a hard time lasting 2 dives is my only complaint so far.

EDIT: For the F810 i would say get the Ikelite housing. Much beefier than the fuji and thick walls tend for less condensation (i've never had it fog in 30 or so dives so far in water from 52F-77F). Also it costs the same or less.

The fuji housing is good, too. you can check out some images at www.digitaldiver.net -> Show Off & Critique -> user Blase.

She shoots the Fuji housing. The Ikelite is bigger so if size is an issue you might want to consider that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom