Diving in Quezon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

greatwolf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Ladies and Gents,

I will be visiting Quezon Province during my trip to the Philippines in December. My dad told me that it would be monsoon season and that vis won't be ideal. We have our own compressor, tanks and a small dinghy, as well as an inflatable(if it hasn't been eaten by rats yet...lol). My question is, has anyone on this board dived anywhere in Quezon and would be able to tell me the location or maybe GPS coordinates if available(just in case he's got GPS)? This will be a good chance to practice my underwater skills and I don't want to waste the opportunity for unlimited diving just because of poor visibility.

I have heard of the Pollilo Island Marine Santuary, has anyone had a chance to visit this sanctuary? If so, is diving allowed? Thanks

Hi Jon, it's Real, Quezon

Thanks guys. I've tried googling it...no luck. Anyway, once I get there, I'll post a dive report here...that is, if I do get to dive there...lol.

havent heard of any dive sites in quezon. have been asking this same question for several months, been asking other divers as well and so far none worth checking out.

Spoon:
havent heard of any dive sites in quezon. have been asking this same question for several months, been asking other divers as well and so far none worth checking out.

Well, it would be a good opportunity for me to scout some dive sites around that area then. My dad dives there with local fishermen. He actually taught them how to use dive tables..lol. They have a big one at the local barangay hall now. The local fishermen just use compressors to dive I believe. He told me that there are extreme cases of DCS evident in the local fishing community. Which is not surprising considering how long these people stay down and I doubt that the compressors that they use would be safe for diving.

If I can't dive...there's always fishing I suppose. If there's a will there's a way. It's unlimited diving after all...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom