Quality Diving??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spazniv

Reaction score
I am planning a trip to the philippines and so far I have found so much info on this board which is a tremendous help. I am looking for something less commercial/more adventure as I am not interested in clubs or nice hotels--just some damn good diving!! I don't have that much experience, but my few(two) trips have been amazing (belize and palau). Any tips? Is October a good time to go?

pazit

have you done ;

Drift diving? (serious current at depth, deep depth that is)
Deep diving ? (how long were you at depth and at what depth?)
Night?
Wreck penetration?

so we can provide you with a more specific advise on the type of diving you are prepared to do.

spazniv:
I am planning a trip to the philippines and so far I have found so much info on this board which is a tremendous help. I am looking for something less commercial/more adventure as I am not interested in clubs or nice hotels--just some damn good diving!! I don't have that much experience, but my few(two) trips have been amazing (belize and palau). Any tips? Is October a good time to go?

pazit

hi!

you want adventure? try Malapascua. they have wrecks, tresher sharks, hammerhead sharks, nice reefs, cave,you name it! believe me I just got home a couple of days ago from malapascua, when your there look for Ting,excellent dive guide, excellent shark finder and can guide you if you want wreck penetration. there's one problem in malapascua though... you have to buy bottled water, there's no fresh water there even for shower. you may also want to buy thier packages coz they won't let you rent tanks unless you buy their travel packages.

julz

I have been in a cave, one wreck though it was not very deep. I have endured some serious currents. again, I have not been on too many and I realize since I have read through thse forums that I should take more notes about my dives. I honestly cannot recall the depths, nor do I have a computer. Im still just a baby-diver!

no water even for showering??!! :11:

divejulz:
hi!

you want adventure? try Malapascua. they have wrecks, tresher sharks, hammerhead sharks, nice reefs, cave,you name it! believe me I just got home a couple of days ago from malapascua, when your there look for Ting,excellent dive guide, excellent shark finder and can guide you if you want wreck penetration. there's one problem in malapascua though... you have to buy bottled water, there's no fresh water there even for shower. you may also want to buy thier packages coz they won't let you rent tanks unless you buy their travel packages.

julz

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom